I thought this article was interesting .
It speaks of my recent habit , SHOPPING!` .
One thing , I so hate about shopping is the crowd that I would have to brave through , walking in a snail pace . That is also expressed by the author of this article. But it doesn't make me shop less though! But just avoid the favourite spots at its peak.
And I so agree with the statement with the author when she says " it's in all of us to want things , however unneccessary they are." Just be honest and tell , how many times have you just bought things that you need and not want ? I can be honest , almost always ,I always buy the want before I buy the need. And I cook the excuse , it may be useful for something in future. These are so true for me , and I can safely bet its the same for most.
And how many times , we have walked into a shop to buy our need , and yet at the same time staring and considering on the want ? I always do and I have noticed those around me do likewise, and we can't get it off us that easily without having to trash out on how good to have the want either with the self or with friends/family! Maybe , this is the joy element of shopping , its not about owning the want , but fancy-ing the idea of owning it. Something like fantasy!
And , so much of studying of the Maslow Theory in school. On the 5-tiered pyramid of needs. Which level do I place shopping? Since , shopping has become a habit and considering it to be a need for myself. A society needs to look and dress well.
Hmmmm.
And , I have tied the idea of shopping equals to my form of de-stressing and finding contentment. When the author says " and there are many people who consiously give up material goods in order to achieve some kind of truth in their lives".So, am I mixing the values of this world with the "real truth" of contentment and de-stressing? Especially , having now found the answer.
Don't store up Treasures here on Earth
Where They can erode away or may be stolen
Store Them in Heaven where They will never lose their value
Matt 6:19,20
threw her kisses ;11:44 PM